Sunday, November 28, 2010

Easy A

Well on a saturday night when annual fest is going on in my bschool, I decided to spend my time watching some simple and an easy on mind romantic hollywood movie depicting school time love stories. Why I choose this topic. I dont know, maybe because I grew up watching these beautiful romantic comedies of the 80s n 90s and always thought what it would be like to grow up in places and among people like that. Being myself a mix of outcast, geek, tall-stooped up guy in school while a great friend, cool and rebellious guy among my neighbourhood friends and relatives (especially among my cousins), I always looked forward to settling in US and achieve that American dream. But who knows maybe one day! maybe... (sigh!)

But whatever it was, I watched this latest movie on my laptop, a movie called "Easy A". Have to say after my few past experiences with movies of similar genre I had kept my expectations low, but this movie watching experience was unexpectedly good. It was both sweet and refreshing, and unlike movies of similar genre, this movie was not cheesy at all. It was actually anti-cheesy and throughout the movie made fun of all the clichés.

Scorecard:

'7.5 on IMDBhttp://www.imdb.com/title/tt1282140/ and with 
'87%fresh on Rotten Tomatoes' http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/easy-a/ the movie is a good one time watch and a great time-pass.

Personally I would go with IMDB rating, it’s definitely a 7 pointer with atleast .5 added but missed to be an 8 pointer as it lacked that bang, that something that make you regret missing the movie.

In one line: time well spent but won’t be remembered for long.

4 comments:

  1. Nice Review.....I'll make it a point to watch it when i wanna watch a no brainer, time pass movie...Perhaps u shud also consider an alternate profile for a movie reviewer....only thing is, they'll send u 2 Cannes, nt America!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tarun Thanx man... well I will keep this in mind. And I will remember to mention your name when I would be at podium at Cannes ;)

    p.s. keep commenting! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Phoenix nice to just see u here! :)

    ReplyDelete